Wednesday, March 11, 2009
"With the help of the non-destructive, aftermarket firmware, CHDK, installed on my camera, I set the tripod up, and set the camera to fire off as many frames as it could, until it filled the SD card memory.
I did not know where the moon would eventually set, nor did I know if the sun would rise too soon, and thus wash everything out, as I could not reset the shutter speed, nor change any other settings once I set the program in motion.
It was pure, once in a 'blue moon' kind of luck.
ISO 50, shutter speed 1/60th of a second, +2 EV bias, and other info can be seen in the two stills, from this video, that I uploaded previously."